Brainstorm, a special edition of YFile publishing on the first Friday of every month, showcases research and innovation at York University. It offers compelling and accessible, feature-length stories about the world-leading and policy relevant work of York’s academics and researchers across all disciplines and faculties, and encompasses both pure and applied research.
Launched in January 2017, Brainstorm is produced out of the Office of the Vice-President Research & Innovation in partnership with Communications & Public Affairs; overseen by Megan Mueller, manager, Research Communications; and edited by Jenny Pitt-Clark, YFile editor.
Mark Roseman describes how his team fosters research excellence, via the federal granting system and the York Research Chairs program. Mark Roseman joined York’s Office of the Vice-President Research ...
Biology Professor Amro Zayed puts into perspective an Australian researcher’s work and explains exactly how natural selection is assisting the invasion of Asian bees. York University biologist and bee ...
York geographer teams up with a US researcher in a policy-relevant study that reveals race and gender disparities through New York commuting times. Valerie Preston Joining research forces with Profess ...
New research on uninsured residents’ visits to ERs shows a surprising disparity: The uninsured are more likely to have more serious health issues, to leave untreated and to die. This research tells th ...
A highly collaborative project seeks to recover, document and disseminate Inuit traditional knowledge and creativity; engage Inuit leaders; and enrich Inuit culture for generations. Anna Hudson York U ...
- February 2017: SIRI Director Q&A: Raising the bar on research excellence
- February 2017: Global bee expert sheds light on new research from Australia
- February 2017: International research on NY commuting times highlights inequity
- February 2017: New research exposes health care inequity of “invisible” uninsured
- February 2017: Cultural heritage project engages Indigenous voices
- January 2017: Happy fifth! Innovation York marks a milestone birthday
- January 2017: Faculty of Science Prof. Scott Menary: York as a valued global contributor in physics
- January 2017: The price of perfectionism: Suicidal thoughts along cultural lines
- January 2017: Transforming creative practice through technology and engagement
- January 2017: York U researchers rewrite the plot on gender inequity in gaming