Innovation York supports York-related start-up companies through the provision of office and collaborative space within the Markham Convergence Centre.
Companies using the Innovation York space at the Markham Convergence Centre will receive access to the following amenities:
- access to office and lounge furniture and kitchen facilities;
- access to stable/fast wireless internet;
- access to the ORION network;
- access to secure storage; and
- access to meeting room space.
The Markham Convergence Centre is an innovation hub that houses resources to assist local, national, and multi-national business in York region. It is home to a number of organizations that contribute to business growth, including one of York’s commercialization partners, ventureLAB™. In addition, York has leased space at the MCC for use by faculty and student entrepreneurs to accelerate the growth of startup companies founded on intellectual property created at York University.