Important News: Submission of Research Applications and ORS Checklists
In light of President Lenton’s message of March 17, 2020, given the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and the closure of schools, day cares and other child care services, ORS is now accepting electronic submission of research applications.
The process for submitting research applications and the required ORS Checklists electronically is outlined below.
- The usual ORS deadlines will apply. Please see the Signature Policy Memo on yu link: https://yulink-new.yorku.ca/documents/20182/1250813/Signature+Policy+Memo/420ed568-51d7-479a-a377-c3d772980ff6
- Please contact your Faculty Research Officer (RO) for information on their deadlines and for support with your application and the signing of the ORS Checklist.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to use one of the two electronic methods outlined below for obtaining the required signature/approval of your ORS Checklist and research application. If an applicant wants to submit a funding application in paper form s/he is asked to e-mail David Phipps (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours before the agency deadline to arrange for an in-person submission of a fully signed application with a fully signed ORS checklist.
- Submit the ORS Checklist and, if applicable, approval e-mail along with an electronic copy of the complete application, including the budget and budget justification to ORS.
- If your application contains any York commitments, please ensure that they are listed on the ORS Checklist or attach written confirmation from whomever is making the contribution.
- Please note that in order to streamline the approval process during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chair signature is not required on the ORS Checklist. If your department is making commitments to your application, please include written confirmation from your Chair.
- Your application will be assigned to an ORS staff member for review and the processing. Once all is in good order, ORS will e-approve the application or will provide the required signature as per competition guidelines.
1. ORS CHECKLIST USING DOCUSIGN (electronically signed ORS checklist):
Applicants can complete the ORS Checklist found at the following link: https://ca.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=5324ada5-4468-4626-b5f3-d1a769909082&env=ca&acct=36594520-9723-41e8-b978-e57e160e60e0.
Completing this form will automatically route the ORS Checklist to the RO and then to the Dean or ADR for signature.
- A PowerForm Signer information sheet will appear, the applicant will be required to enter their name and e-mail, the name and e-mail of the RO, and the name and e-mail of the Dean/ADR or other approved delegate. Please check with your RO to confirm who will be signing ORS Checklists during this time. Once complete select “begin signing.”
- Applicant will input all required fields relating to the application as highlighted in the ORS Checklist.
- Once complete select “Finish.”
- The ORS Checklist will then flow to the RO for review. Applicant will also need to send their application to their RO for review.
- Once the application has been reviewed, the RO will be required to initial the document before the ORS Checklist can move to the Dean/ADR/delegate for final signature (please note the ORS checklist will not move forward until the RO has reviewed and selected “finish”).
- Once the RO has initialed and selected “finish,” the ORS Checklist will go to the Dean/ADR or delegate for signature.
- Once the Dean/ADR or delegate has signed, the fully signed ORS Checklist will go back to all signatories as a completed document (Applicant, RO, and Dean/ADR/delegate).
- The applicant will then send the fully signed ORS Checklist along with an electronic copy of the complete application in a single e-mail to Joan Broussard at email@example.com for ORS processing and review. If the application is to a competition that is supported by the SIRI unit, please send to Mark Roseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. ORS CHECKLIST USING E-MAIL
Applicants can use the ORS Checklist available on yu link: https://yulink-new.yorku.ca/documents/20182/1241545/ORS+Checklist/14229cac-ed10-4bb7-b597-6d6cc98c71f9
The applicant needs to complete and sign the ORS Checklist (electronic signature is acceptable) then send the ORS Checklist along with the complete application to the RO via e-mail for review, copying the Dean/ADR or delegate.
Once reviewed, the RO will request the Dean/ADR or delegate to either sign the ORS Checklist or provide an e-mail in lieu of signature approving the ORS Checklist.
Once the ORS Checklist has been fully signed/approved, submit it along with the e-mail approval if applicable and the complete application in a single e-mail to Joan Broussard at email@example.com for review and processing by ORS. If the application is to a competition that is supported by the SIRI unit, please send to Mark Roseman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact: